PAINT FOR A
The State of Missouri turns 200 years old on August 10, 2021.
Missouri Bicentennial Paint For A Cause was created to celebrate this event. This historic project has been endorsed by Missouri 2021. The photo above shows the gray-scale of what will be painted. This 12 feet by 30 feet panel will be cut into fifteen 4 feet by 6 feet pieces. Juried Best of Missouri Hands artists Aaron Horrell and Barb Bailey, with 1 or 2 assistants, will take these panels throughout Missouri. The artists will put paint on a brush and assist everyone who participates. When finished, the panels will be put together and will be hung in the Truman Building in Jefferson City, for folks to see it for generations to come.
People across Missouri will be guided by SEMO artists Aaron Horrell & Barb Bailey to paint a HUGE mural to celebrate Missouri's 200th birthday.
ONE TRIANGLE AT A TIME
In commemoration of the Missouri Bicentennial, juried Best of Missouri Hands artists Aaron Horrell and Barb Bailey will assist thousands of Missourians across the state in painting a large composite aluminum panel mural featuring Missouri state symbols, including but not limited to the State Capitol building, State flag, and St. Louis Gateway Arch. Horrell and Bailey will travel panel pieces to at least fifteen cities across Missouri in 2019 and 2020, providing as many people as possible – of any age or any ability – the chance to participate in painting the mural. The final painting will have a permanent home in the Truman Building in Jefferson City, where it can be enjoyed for generations to come.
- Wed, Mar 04Missouri Bicentennial Paint For A Cause
- Fri, Jan 31Black River Coliseum
- Sat, Aug 10Ste. Genevieve Welcome Center
- Fri, Jul 19Oran SesquecentennialJul 19, 2019, 12:00 PM – Jul 20, 2019, 10:00 PMOran Sesquecentennial , Oran, MOOne of the Missouri Bicentennial Paint For A Cause panels will be at Oran's Sesquecentennial celebration. Be a part of history by stopping by and painting a triangle. When finished, all the panels will be put together and hung in Jefferson City, MO.
- Fri, May 31West Plains, MO
- Sat, May 11Perryville, MOMay 11, 2019, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PMPerryville, MOCome to Perryville, MO's Mayfest to Paint for a Cause to celebrate Missouri's 200th birthday. Any one, any age, and any ability will be able to paint a two-inch square on 4 feet by 6 feet panel printed with a gray-scale picture of Missouri State Symbols. When all 15 panels are completed, in two year